Arvida Covid Update 21 September
Auckland moves down to Alert Level 3 settings.
The Government has announced that a move in current Alert Level settings will occur at midnight on Tuesday 21 September.
- Auckland will drop from Level 4 to Level 3
- The Auckland boundary will be altered slightly to encompass Miranda and Whakatiwai
- The rest of NZ will remain at Level 2
- These settings will be reviewed by the Government in two weeks on Monday 4 October
While it is great to see case numbers steadily declining, the Delta variant has highlighted a need for a cautious approach as we move down alert level settings. Community transmission remains a possibility at Alert Level 3.
This update is to let you know about the changes we’ve made at Arvida communities as we move to the lower settings.
If you need any support, please contact a member of the village or care team.
Settings at Level 3 – Auckland Region (only)
All Arvida retirement villages and care centres in Auckland remain closed to general visitors.
For our care centres, visits to residents in end-of-life care are possible by prior arrangement with the care team.
At Level 3 everyone is encouraged to remain in their household bubbles, wear a face mask and to practice physical distancing when out and about. The Unite against Covid-19 website has details on what alert level 3 means:.
- Stay home and keep your bubble small. You can expand to reconnect with close family/whānau, enable caregiving, or support isolated people. This extended bubble must remain exclusive
- Face coverings are now required in most indoor settings, and are recommended when out and about
- Healthcare services should use virtual, non-contact consultations where possible
Relatives can drop any essential supplies to our community gates – and we will make sure they are delivered. Please label any packages clearly.
Settings at Level 2 – the rest of New Zealand
Outside of the Auckland region, visits to residents in care are possible.
To help us manage visits to our care centres and ensure everyone's safety, we are asking all visitors to make a booking prior to visiting.
Bookings can be made through the Arvida booking site or by calling the care centre reception. Please only make 2 visit bookings at a time so that everyone has a chance to visit. Children under 12 years of age are restricted from entry.
On arrival, visitors must sign in at the care centre reception and follow our guidelines below while on site:
- No more than 2 people can visit a resident at any time. Limit visits to the time specified
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres to other residents
- Wear a face mask while visiting
All visitors will be health screened daily on entry. Please phone ahead if you have any questions or concerns around an upcoming visit.
Visitors to our serviced apartment residents will also be required to check in.
If unwell or if anyone in your bubble has been at a location of interest within the last 14 days, please stay at home and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453. Follow Healthline's instructions.
Village centre activities can resume. Under the new Alert Level 2 rules these must be restricted in numbers and masks will be required. Our village teams will let you know what’s happening and when each activity returns.
The Unite against Covid-19 website has details on what alert level 2 means.
- You can reconnect with friends and family, and socialise in groups of up to 100, go shopping and travel domestically
- Face coverings are now required in most indoor settings
We'd like to remind you of the steps you can take to keep safe:
- Washing your hands regularly is still the best defence against the spread of viruses. As is wearing a face mask and maintaining physical distancing if out and about.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms, please contact your GP or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
- If you have visited a location of interest please stay at home and call Healthline for advice.
Thank you once again for your support and cooperation as we respond to the requirements of the Government.