Arvida Covid Update 30 August
From tomorrow, we will have different Alert Level settings in place for Auckland and the rest of NZ to align with the Government’s requirements.
With positive community cases continuing to be reported in Auckland, the Government has put the following settings in place:
- Auckland will remain at Level 4
- Northland will remain at Level 4 but could move to Alert Level 3 at midnight on Thursday 2 September, subject to wastewater and local contact testing results
- The rest of New Zealand moves to Level 3 at midnight on Tuesday 31 August
This means settings at Arvida retirement villages and care centres will differ by location.
Settings at Level 4 – Auckland and Northland
All Arvida retirement villages and care centres in Auckland and Northland are closed to visitors. The only exception is visits to residents in end-of-life care by prior arrangement with the care team.
Everyone is encouraged to remain in their household bubbles. When out and about, we are asking everyone to wear a face mask and to practice social distancing.
Relatives can drop any essential supplies to our community gates – and we will make sure they are delivered. Please label any packages clearly.
If you need any support, please contact a member of the village or care team.
Settings at Level 3 – currently everywhere south of Auckland
The Unite against Covid-19 website has details on what Level 3 means.
Our care centres remain closed at Level 3 for general visiting. There is an exception for end-of-life visits with prior arrangement. Please contact the care team. We look forward to resuming general visitations soon.
For our independent residents, household bubbles are still to be maintained but these can be expanded to:
- connect with close family and whānau
- bring in caregivers, or
- support isolated people
Remember extended bubbles must remain exclusive. Our villages are still closed to general visitors.
At Level 3 we can travel within our local area to:
- Shop for groceries
- Exercise, but please keep 2 metres apart from people outside our bubble (including at supermarkets, petrol stations and pharmacies), or 1 metre in controlled environments such as schools and workplaces
- Access necessary healthcare
- Get a Covid test or vaccination
- Go to work if you are an essential worker and cannot work from home
Gatherings of up to 10 people are allowed but only for weddings, civil union ceremonies, funerals and tangihanga.
Activities programmes and outings for residents remain restricted at Level 3.
About locations of interest
Locations of interest are places that people infected with Covid-19 are known to have visited. The Ministry of Health continues to update this list. Most of the venues are in Auckland, Coromandel and Wellington. You can check the Ministry of Health website for locations of interest.
If you have been at a location of interest, then neither you nor anyone in your household bubble should visit any of our villages or care centres within the 14 day isolation period.
Please stay at home and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453. Follow Healthline's instructions.
Eating well during the lockdown
We are passionate about our residents eating well in a lockdown, as we are out of a lockdown.
However, in a lockdown stocking fridges and cupboards can look a little different, so we have put together a few options to help ensure everyone is getting the nourishment needed while keeping safe.
There are a wide range of options being utilised across our communities. If you wish to make an order, please do get in touch with your village team and they will make sure you are using the best alternative for your location. They are also happy to assist with ordering and in ensuring everyone has the essentials, including medication.
Resources to keep everyone safe
If you are worried about someone who might be struggling, or you need some support yourself, you are welcome to call our support provider Raise on 0800 735 343 (0800 SELF HELP). Just let them know you are an Arvida resident or relative and where you are based. Contact with Raise is completely confidential.
We'd like to remind you of the steps you can take to keep safe:
- Washing your hands regularly is still the best defence against the spread of viruses. As is wearing a face mask and maintaining physical distancing if out and about.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms, please contact your GP or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
- If you have visited a location of interest please stay at home and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 for advice.
Thank you once again for your support and cooperation as we respond to the requirements of the Government.