Covid Update - Melbourne travel
The Government has today announced that Quarantine-free travel from Melbourne will pause from 2am Friday 16 July.
Because of the current heightened community transmission risk in Melbourne and the possibility of travellers having recently returned, we have introduced the following interim precautions:
- Anyone returning from Melbourne since 8 July must wait 7days from the date of their return before visiting an Arvida care centre. Similarly, we will be asking village residents (and their visitors) that have recently returned from Melbourne to observe the same 7 day stand down period before visiting village common facilities.
- Anyone recently returning from Australia will be asked to wear a face mask while visiting any Arvida care centre.
We expect to review this again on Wednesday, 21 July 2021.
Like you, we will be keeping a close watch on developments and will provide updates as we learn more. In the meantime, we’d like to remind you of the steps you can take:
- Washing your hands regularly is still the best defence against the spread of viruses.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms, please get a test as soon as you can. Do not visit any villages or care centres until you have received a negative test.
- Please use the Covid-19 Tracer App and enable the Bluetooth function.
- If you or anyone in your household has recently returned from overseas (with the exception of quarantine free travel zones), you should not visit any of our villages for 28 days from the date of your return to New Zealand.
We look forward to updating you with any changes and hope a return to normal visitation can happen shortly.
Thank you once again for your support and cooperation.