Very valuable food: salmon
By Julia Scott, National Dietitian, Arvida Group
Here’s a one-pan salmon bake recipe (created by Arvida’s very own dietitian!) to try tonight.
1 courgette, sliced into 1cm rounds
1 carrot, sliced into ½cm rounds
½ onion, cut into wedges and layers separated
1 capsicum, cut long ways into 8 pieces and then in half
½ kumara, diced into small cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
Sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional)
2 salmon fillets
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Spread vegetables out into a single layer on the oven tray and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with mixed herbs and some chilli flakes if desired. Leave a space in the middle of the tray for the salmon.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, in between the vegetables. Season salmon and vegetables with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, parsley and lemon juice. Brush evenly over the salmon.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until salmon is flaky and mostly opaque (when cooked it should flake easily with a fork).
- Add one salmon fillet and half of the vegetables to each plate.